Which Set of U.S. Presidents Have Descendants Who Are Married To Each Other?
Richard Nixon and Dwight Eisenhower are the set of U.S. presidents who have descendants married to each other.
Here, President Richard Nixon’s descendant was his daughter Julie Nixon and president Dwight Eisenhower’s descendant was his only grandson David Eisenhower.
They got married in 1968 and birth to a total of three children.
Their names are Alexander Richard, Melanie Catherine Eisenhower, and Jennie Elizabeth.
3 Interesting Facts About The U.S. President Richard Nixon
- Did you know? President Richard Nixon served as a lieutenant commander in the Navy of the United States of America during World War 2. However, he saw no combat in the Pacific.
- Did you know? President Nixon was selected as an FBI agent in 1930. However, later, for some reason, his position was eliminated.
- It is a little strange, but do you know what, Richard Nixon was the first President in the U.S. who visited a nation that the government of the United States had not recognized. The nation was China and he visited there in 1972. At that time, the United States recognized Taiwan as the legitimate authority of the mainland.
3 Interesting Facts About The U.S. President Dwight Eisenhower
- Did you know? During World War 2, the United States 34th President Dwight Eisenhower served as the supreme commander of the Allied expeditionary force in Europe. He earned the rare five-star rank as a military general.
- Did you know? Legendary military general George S. Patton and Dwight Eisenhower were good friends during World War II. Both of the men advocated the use of tanks in modern warfare.
- Many people may not know that NASA was created during Eisenhower’s presidency. He also greatly initiated developing the United States’ national highways and making Alaska and Hawaii as new states of the nation.