Who Was Not A Member of The Committee of Five, Among The Following?
- John Adams
- Thomas Jefferson
- Benjamin Franklin
- John Hancock
- Robert R Livingston
I think this is an easy question.
Of course, John Hancock was the person among the above, who was not a member of the Committee of Five.
The fifth member of the committee was Roger Sherman, who represented the colony of Connecticut.
Here is the short detail of each member of the committee:
- Thomas Jefferson (He was the representative of Virginia. After US independence, Jefferson became the 3rd president of the country)
- John Adams (He represented the colony of Massachusetts. John Adams became the second president of the United States)
- Benjamin Franklin (Benjamin Franklin was the representative of Pennsylvania. He was one of the greatest human beings ever lived in world history)
- Robert Robert Livingston (New York’s representative. He later became the Louisiana purchase minister to France)
- Roger Sherman (Representative of Connecticut. Roger Sherman was the only person, who signed all four greatest documents of the United States’ history)
What Was The Main Purpose of The Members of The Committee of Five?
Actually, the Committee of Five was a group of delegates appointed by the Second Continental Congress for drafting the Declaration of Independence.
Continental Congress appointed its five members on 11th June 1776.
The Committee operated till 5th July 1776. The next day, Congress published the declaration.
The other four members of the committee decided that Thomas Jefferson would write the first draft of the historic document.
Due to the busy schedule, Congress gave the Committee only 17 days duration to complete the job.
5 Interesting Facts About The Committee of Five
1. Earlier, there was some uncertainty about how the Committee of Five would start drafting the Declaration’s first draft.
This truth was revealed after a few years in the writings of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams.
2. Did you know? The Committee of Five made around 86 extensive changes in the first draft written by Thomas Jefferson.
Before the committee submitted it to the Continental Congress, Jefferson wrote it two times.
3. Did you know? In the first draft of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson wrote the line “life, liberty, & the pursuit of happiness” like this “Preservation of life, & liberty, & the pursuit of happiness”.
The committee later edited it out to a more suitable form by removing some unnecessary words from the line.
4. The Committee of Five presented the copy of the Declaration to the Continental Congress on 28th June 1776.
While submitting it to Congress, they named it “A Declaration by the Representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress Assembled”.
5. Did you know? In the starting, the Committee thought that John Adams should write the document, after all, he was a well-experienced man.
Although, Adams later suggested to them that they should talk with Thomas Jefferson instead of him.
You can’t rewrite History, no matter what you have been taught to believe in School, by Leffsts.
George Washington handed America to Israel. Do some serious research into this. America has not been free since the Phoenician vatican families “discovered” the continent, invaded and set up occupation. These are the same criminals that gave us religion as a means to mindcontrol, along with politics and the idea that there are two sides of government, and the fiction that we decide who will lead us through voting. It’s all one massive psyop.
Etymology of “government”:
Govern = Control
Ment = Mind
Republic = Individual rights protected. Equality.
Democracy = Mob rule. The majority controls the minority. Inequality.
Every time you hear a “republican” politician say something like, “we must protect our “democracy”, know that they are a wolf in Republican clothing. Every single “republican” should be fighting to save, or resurrect our Republic.
I pledge allegiance, to the flag,
Of the United States of America.
And to the REPUBLIC for which it stands,
One nation, under God, indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for ALL.
Stop being fooled by government. The government is NOT your friend, it’s your enemy, as are the religions they have given us.